Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Ralph

I can't think of any spectacular title, I had second thoughts of using his name coz how predictable...?don't I have a plan to put a little mystery in writing about Ralph..anyway what the heck...there are so much to write about ralph, and I guess I'm one of those persons who know his beginning in this lifetime. I've known Ralph eversince, even before he was born...I remember we expected him by the month of June...I guess he did stayed long inside Tita's belly, but not long enough he went out July 1, I still can recall how Mommy lulu's maid came to tell mommy bout' tita norma's labor pains, that ralph may go out anytime..he was my constant companion during my teenage years, it's like I'm Darna and he is Ding..but he never called me "ate" and I don't know why I didn't encourage it. Maybe because I never really talk "baby talk" with Ralph and I allowed him I guess to express himself most of the time...well except for those "panglalait niya" to people, house etc.. believe me he never learned that from me, I guess its with him since birth..(hehehe). I have so many funny memories during him growing up years, it's always easier to make him laugh, thoug most of the time maybe I'm the subject of his laughter..Ci ralph whether he admit it or not, has my influence in some of his artistic sides, he draws or sketch, I was the first one to make him sing and recorded it(I'm still looking for that damn tape),yung singing,it run's in the family his ate tina sings very well, pero yung pag do-drawing, that's mine....If he speaks good english or lalo na kung write well in English, I guess that will be my influence because I was the one left at that time, Ate tina left for US, then tita June, and Kuya bong is too busy...yabang ba?But then Ralph you should familiarize yourself in writing straight english, it's a good practise, it will exercise your mind. moving on (I borrowed that from sasha's write up)I had many awkward memories with Ralph, and I guess he enjoyed it so much. Ralph's stories when he was a child is an often told story everytime the whole family reunites, the best of all is when Lizza, Ling and me lost him in fiesta carnival, he was smart enough to approach the guard of araneta coliseum and called the house and told ate tina, that Lizza, ling and I were lost and he couldn't find us. You ask what he told the guard? "may nakita ka bang tatlong babae, isang mataba, isang malaki mata at isang madaldal" how creative for his age!the story ended up with ate tina and ate mercy arriving in cubao in shorts.hehe I wonder it that beats my avocado version when I was his age?..?

No comments: