Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Doc Said Peso might be needing surgery.....



Just read an email coming from Dra. Yao of Pendragon vet clinic. She said that the pictures I sent her gave her an impression that Peso might be needing surgery and the effects of oatmeal and castor oil I'm giving him now are just temporary and might give long time side effect. But in fairness she said she still need to see Peso, so we'll see her on March 2.

Dra. Yao will the be the 2nd veterinarian to check on Peso's condition. The first veterinarian also suggested surgery.

Last January Peso had undergone enema because of impacted stool, I gave him oatmeal and high fiber diet after that, and it went on smoothly, but almost a month later, I brought him to vet again for another enema session... His first Vet said that, without the surgery, Enema process might become part of Peso's life, which is not good because he is being sedated before enema is done.


(Picture is showing Peso during one enema session, my dog has perineal hernia)


A forum-mate that I met through dog websites referred my case to Dra. Yao, which I think can win my confidence....

So what am I feeling lately.....I cannot explain it... quite similar to the feelings I had when my mother was still alive and very sick...I am worried of so many things. I am worrying about Peso.. can this surgery make him live longer? money, for how long can I sustain the high cost of Peso's medication? And a lot more concerns after the operation....

I just thought that two years after my mom died, my life will be "worry free", that I will have rest from financial worrying.... and now aside from shortcoming from finances, I am back to the situation of bringing love ones to hospital and worry all by myself. The only difference is I am bringing a dog to a Veterinary clinic, but the feeling is the same..... feels like I want to complain.... feels like I want to panic, that just like my parents, Peso will also leave me... I guess I am so afraid of love ones getting sick and didn't recover..... hope it's different case this time....

My Peso when not constipated is still a very active dog.... my fitness partners everymorning and everynight, my good companion (no dull moments with him and my other dog too), hope the surgery will really solve the problem....

But then I still hope for the best... I am scheduled to bring Peso to Dra. Yao on March 2, not yet for surgery but for check up only to confirm his condition and if he really needs surgery... I am hoping for the best..... Jesus please heal my dog....

2 comments:

LoRiE said...

hi! ma'am maricel. di ko po akalaing makikita ko ulit 'tong blog nyo, hehe kamusta na po. natatandaan nyo pa po ba ko. Ako po yung nagsummer dyan sa pms. grabe, miss ko na po kayo. sana nga po pala gumaling na si Peso.

Celar said...

thanks Lorie, read mo palagi blog ko ha...