Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Watches My Passion......


Sometimes, I can't help but compare this passion to my passion for Philippine Local Dogs or Aspin.  OK I am known as a dog lover.  A passion I can't explain really especially with the Aspin or Askal to some, those who are like my adorable Peso.  Whenever I see one local dog I don't know why I can't miss to give it a second look... Same with watches.... I don't know but where ever I go it became my habit (bad habit) to look at the wrist that wore a watch. Inside LRT, FX or PUJ....  Even with officemates, they got used to me looking at their wrists and asked them about the brand LOL... I just don't know where I started liking watches.. Was it another influence by my father? When I was in my freshman in highschool, father gave me a Casio watch with a game called the Pyramid...when I was in college he gave me this orange Alba Wrister watch, that I really liked a lot.  I matched it with an orange protector which was was a trend then.  I guess it all started then.   I started collecting watches in college, the only branded watch that I had then that I bought from my own savings was a yellow Swatch. It was P700 only then.. Gee now you know I am old.  I am not particular with brands, but more on style of the watches.  I lost all of them, hard to maintain conditions and battery when you don't have your own money yet.  But I have two watches now that I used when I was still in college and up to my early years of  working.. My gold plated Citizen watch from my father and this small Seiko watch from my mother... I am still trying ways to revive the Seiko and my Citizen needs repair too. Yes I need a reliable watch maker....

 I will be very happy to see these two watches working  again..

This is my favorite Korean Actress Hajiwon, she's wearing an ODM watch, she wore the same watch in her drama "Secret Garden".  Believe it or not I really searched for the watch and prayed that it will have an affordable price.


This style of ODM watch is called Bloc. I love the four circles.  The price is just around 4k but because it was discounted, I paid for only 3,500.

This watch is worth P1,500 if converted to peso, but I bought this one as my souvenir from Hong Kong Disneyland.  Cousin said you can't buy this watch anywhere.  This is authentic from Disneyland. so considering the fare going to Hong Kong and entrance fee to Disneyland, I guess this is not cheap LOL...

Most of my branded watches were gifts from cousins.  Cousin Liza bought the Coach and Gshock when she went to Hongkong, my Anne Klein at China during her Asian cruise.

If you are a watch collector you put a certain criteria on when to buy your next watch and what is your next target.  There are too many branded watches out there, in fact they are overwhelming.... In my case in order not to be too impulsive, I am considering the style that I have in my collections.  I love the stainless steel bracelet watch, but looks like I need more ladylike watches, branded or not...

I am happy with my collections... Though I still don't have that Silver or Stainless or Sterling Philip Stein watch, Tissot or Marc Jacobs.  They are too expensive.. I guess proper collecting of your passion must be put into balance too, if you can't afford it yet, try to save but don't sacrifice... spending for our collections must be reasonable too right?

No comments: