Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The mirror and the comb


Old brown small oval shaped mirror, and a ladylike comb with one broken tooth. At first glance they are just one those old stuff ready to be given away or just throw away... why not the oval shaped mirror is more than 10 years of age or 15 years old to be exact.... The comb, probably around 10 years of age... but they are not leaving me.... in fact they are placed inside the drawer of my table in the office, so I always see them everyday 9am to 6pm of my life.....

Behind those old stuff are rich recollections of my happy life 15 years ago......A good reminder that I had a loving parents whose love and support remained untarnished even at the time I reached adulthood and can stand and live on my own...

I was already working when my father gave that mirror to me, before that mirror had a partner comb and small cloth packaging(don't know what happened I think I lost it). He did not give it to me directly, I just saw it in our house and got it because it looked good with my brown attache case bag. I guess I told him that I had it sooner or after five days, and my father said that he really bought it for me.....

When mommy gave me that ladylike comb, I was already working too... she said she just saw it in the market and wonder how it will look on me, so she bought it...
so those were the days when I was so used to have people around me, and people doing things for me....parents who cared for me and remembered me with or without occassion.

Looking at the mirror and the comb, reminds me of my past and how different I am now...Papa died 1997, sad but tolerable, I still have a mother anyway....then 2005, my mommy's turn to follow my father.... I can tell that my mother was caught between leaving me and joining my father, coz I know with the way her body swelled with liquid which she can't release anymore, I just told her to leave me with a condition that I should have one of my relatives with me. I was already shaking on the morning of her last monday on earth... My cousin arrived at exactly 3pm, my mother looked at her and died instantly....the sad part is when my mother died it was then that I missed my father too (again).....

And they often appeared in my dreams, and we were very happy as if it was the real thing, then I woke up with a few seconds of memory lapse because I was looking for them, only to realize both are dead, and our happy moments together never existed anymore in a real world... that thing often made me cry like a child lost in a mall or playground looking for adult companion....

My life has a lot of cross-roads when mother died, but God sent me my angels, and they give me enough joy, enough for me not to focus much on what's missing in my life

No comments: