Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Mirror and me

They said I'm vain, coz i can't live without a mirror on my desk...an officemate told me that maybe when I was a kid, my only toy then was a mirror and a brush...but I never told them what else I see when I look at the mirror...when I look at the mirror, I just don't see me...I see more of me in the depths of the world....it reminds me how my life has changed, and how I metamorphosed into a mature woman, who realizes the never-ending struggles in life....The mirror shows me how healthy I look that inspite of what I've been through, I still look OK... I have experienced a touch of poverty, when I almost have the last centavo and I don't have food to feed my family..but when I looked at the mirror, I see life's not that bad....coz i found ways to solve the problem, there are people willing to lend a helping hand and during long struggle of hardships,I'm glad I never run out of friends, and wisdom to help me survive ....when somebody broke my heart the mirror never lied, it said "no matter how beautiful you are, someone plain can possibly steal the one you love's heart....of course it's a different story if you're the plain girl, and you won somebody's heart..."it showed me how overnight crying can make me ugly that i should put a time frame in treating my broken heart...that there should be no looking back...and past is past.....Nowadays when I look at the mirror...this is what i can see, my reflection asking me what am I doing with my life? haven't I decided to have a good start.?...why am I beginning to cling in the past.?...haven't I decided to leave him there,in 2004? Maricel don't forget to look at the mirror....let it remind you how sad you were when you decided to follow your heart....let it remind you the cycle...and a problem that can never be solved...let the rule of the mirror overcome you.."when you look at it, you only look at yourself"...pay attention to yourself...love yourself even more....just look ahead....turn your back....Forget...Let go....

No comments: