Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Friday, July 11, 2008

Combined Passions

it's 8:25 am now, still on straight overtime... I wrote this as I edited my write up for SONA (in between sleepy eyes, and empty head) according to my boss' instruction and changing the figures according to what PGMA has....

Looking at May and July issues of Animal Scene, almost always resurrect my confidence and my hope in writing. It made me feel I have achieved something in my life out of combining my three passions; my dogs, writing and photography.



And indeed it is a dream came true. I mean my first published article was a success because I received feedbacks on how I touched readers' hearts and some even said I made them cry...some even offered help, and one was inspired by my article which made her submit her own story too. The magazine also confirmed my dog's legacy, which I really want him to be... I know he will be remembered as what others called "ASKAL", but treated with too much affection by his human... People with the same interest with dogs, know Peso... not only because I am a member of three dog websites (dogs.com.ph, philippinepethaven.com and pinoypetfinder.com) but also because petlovers nationwide read the magazine.

Can I call myself a writer now? I really like it when people address me as a writer, and how I love to be told how my first write up about "My dear Peso", has touched their hearts. The truth is I am the one really "so" touch by their reactions... It's a kind of greatness that I thought will only exist in my dreams. that as of this moment I am not the insecure woman anymore. I used to think of writing as something common to everybody that it took the backseat of my priorities.that creative writing is actually not common to everybody who learns to write, that turning emotions into words is not as easy as I thought them to be... that for what ever reasons, I have met a lot of people who told me they can't write the way that I do... That I do exist in a world where my capabilities are not required so I took this strength for granted, believing that my write ups will remain unread and will just fade in this world unnoticed....









Maybe life is different now.... and it's never too late. I guess this is the real Maricel now.... leading her life to the way that she wanted... Thanks for those who inspires me to write again, God, my ex, my parents, and my dogs.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the last photo. what on earth were they doing then? love ya, maricel...keep up with the Peso stories, i love them!!!!!

Celar said...

mona wish I can make a book about Peso, am i getting unfair to Pissy?hahaha