Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Superdog, My Hero

This is the original piece, which I started writing on May 12, 2008 but the improved version, is the one you can read at the July issue of Animal Scene Magazine... I want to maintain it as it is... I kept it for quite sometime while waiting for improved version to get published.... the improved version included updates of Peso's condition, and how my Superdog is taking his very long medication.... this became a part 2 of my first published article "My dog has perineal hernia, soon I'll be writing the Part 3, after Peso's surgery...









My Peso is a Super dog, not that he can carry a four wheeler truck and throw it away to anyone who will attempt to hurt his "Big Sis", but because of the tremendous things he has done in my life. Almost eight years ago, I found him in my home comfortably sitting on the floor. I guess we like each other the first time we met, and if there is the so called soul mates between Human and dog, well that's us.



I always tell my friends that Peso is everything that I want my dog to be... Medium size, good body built, nice white and brown fur, beautiful eyes, nosy ears, very smart, very playful, likes toys and ball, obedient, tricky, spoiled etc... Most of all I love it when he just follows me everywhere I go, when he hugs me when he thought I am mad, and when he brings out his toy from my bedroom because he knows how I adore him when he plays toys in his mouth and wags it.



Peso is really a best friend who witness the ups and downs of my life.... when my mother became sick, and I have no choice but to leave her alone in our house, Peso is the one I left my last words with. Before going to office, I told him "Peso take care of Mommy and Pissy and the house ha, you're the only man here, in case you sense intruder in our house, don't wait for them to hurt you, kill if necessary, what's more important is you, mommy and pissy are safe and Okey..



When I was sick and attacked by my Asthma, Peso woke up with me in the middle of the night as if trying to know what he can do to help me....when I was down and depressed in all aspects of my life, he and Pissy approached me in my bedroom and hugged and kissed me as if they understood what's ailing thier big sis.




Peso neutralizes my life..... He is like a fire extinguisher, that kills all the fire of anguish in my heart which I acquired from my workplace... He and Pissy became a constant reminder that "Maricel" is never really a mean person, that just like dogs, Maricel will never bite unless she is threatened....



Indeed, Peso is my Hero. But Super Dog gets sick too. And it's my turn to be a real heroin of his life... On May 17, 2008, Peso might have his first surgery, Hernial repair combined with neuter... Peso is 7 years old and will turn 8 on July this year. Age factor has a risk involved specially in the anesthetics, but we need to take the risk and correct the problem as early as possible....



And this situation led me back to a familiar situation when my mother was still alive and very sick, the only difference will be the place, instead of hospital for human, I will be looking after my dog at Pendragon Veterinary Clinic... but for sure, familiar feelings will be with me.... fears, worries....tired....afraid, can't breath freely unless the vet tells me he's ok;... I can't wait to see my dog jumping after the operation....



I filed a week leave from work... I will miss work for my dog.. For some, it maybe a waste of time, but for me, it's all worth it.....Spending time for my Hero and angel at the same time is nothing as compares to the difference he makes in my life...
Having a dog that can react to me is like witnessing a miracle,next to God. And I thank God for him.





Goodluck Superdog, I will do everything to make you feel better, I will not leave you as you never leave me... Let's just trust God that you will be okey and much more better after your surgery... You need to live Super Dog, I can't imagine life without my hero..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi maricel,

sad to say, we haven't met yet, but i look forward to the day when we do. like you, i am also a writer and my first piece came out in Animal Scene, in the same edition as Peso the SuperDog. i wrote about suggesting that the aska become our nationl dog.

thak you for taking tie to read my blog. my mother is the woman who is sick, and i am bassed in the philippines, in paranaque. i think the comfort i get from my dogs is not unlike what you experience with peso and pissy. that's wy i enjoy your blog, because i think we are in the course of sharing common experience.

God bless!

Unknown said...

celar, hope you don't mind, i also copied your idea of photographing my article and blogging it. sure makes scrapbooking lots easier, hahaha!

hope work is not keeping you too much on your toes. wishing for you some rest and quality time with peso and pissy:)